June 8, 2011

Final #9

A Renaissance man is someone who contains great knowledge throughout a countless amount of subject areas. Michelangelo was a famous Italian Renaissance painter, sculptor, architect, poet, and engineer. Clearly, his knowledge was very diverse in numerous amounts of fields. 

Over here it was that my love stole from me,
In his mercy, my heart and, farther on, my life.
Here with his beautiful eyes he promised me help,
And with the same eyes here he stole it back.
Over here he bound me and here released me;
For myself I wept here, and with infinite sorrow
From this rock I saw him leave,
He who stole myself from me and never turned back.
I live in sin, dying to myself I live;
Life is no longer mine, but belongs to sin;
My good is from heaven, my evil I give to myself,
From my own unbound will, which has been stolen from me.
My freedom is a slave, my divinity has made itself
Mortal.
Oh, unhappy state!
To what misery, to what life I've been born!

No comments:

Post a Comment